On imparting professional education, it’s our foremost care to consider comfort of all stake holders to keep amicable environment in the campus. We, SVIST (Sree Vahini Institute of Science and Technology) take practice of transparency, justice and professional ethics in all happenings so that stake holders are not grieved. Staff grievance and redressal committee is to deal with the discontent, dissatisfaction expressed in person or through formal letter complaint. Generally Grievant means a student, parent, and staff member, group of students or staff members or combination of any of these stakeholders of the institution.
• To ensure harmonious environment in the campus to all staff members
• To provide the equal opportunity and hassle free resort to their grievances
• To maintain supervision on all activities of grievance and redressal mechanism.
• To make awareness on the grievances among faculty and staff community
• To be a part in imparting the quality environment by addressing issues of employees
• To demand issues/complaints, investigate by committee recommended and document the activities.
• To analyze, comply and forward all received complaints to the concerned departments for necessary action.
• To disclose pending cases and act to resolve it amicably, and notify the parties of their status.
Administrative Action in the event of Ragging
The Institution shall punish the student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
1. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
2. The Anti-Ragging Committee depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt will follow up the punishment based on the committee’s decision.
3. Further the Institution can refer to the Affiliating University to act according to the UGC Regulations and State Act on curbing the menace of ragging
4. As per the Supreme Court judgment on ragging in the Colleges, the following actions will be taken on those students who indulge in ragging Withholding of scholarships, fellowships & results
5. Debarring from representation in events and appearing for tests/examinations and also consequent admission to any other institution
6. Withdrawing benefits like travel concessions and campus selections
7. Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess and also attending classes
8. Cancellation of admission or rustication from the Institution
9. Registration of FIR against the accused and Prosecution under the Indian Penal Code, 1860.