Sree Vahini College aims to facilitate an environment where there are no hurdles to student success and progression. If any student behaviour prevents others from feeling safe, secure, respected and able to learn effectively then this May results in disciplinary action. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all instances of student misconduct are dealt with fairly and consistently and provide a clear procedure to guide both staff and students. Ragging is prohibited under the Andhra Pradesh Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997 and it is also punishable under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1860. The Regulators of higher education like UGC and AICTE have also noted promptly by making the necessary Rules and Regulations to curb the menace of ragging in all the educational institutions. Its body at Institutional level to establish measures for Prohibiting, Preventing and Punishing Activities of Ragging menace within and outside the campus in accordance with UGC Regulations, Supreme Court Directives and State Act. It is responsible for taking against those found guilty of ragging and or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
Anti ragging Committee will be the supervisory and advisory committee in preserving a culture of ragging free environment in the college campus. The main objectives of this cell are as follows.
> To aware the student of de humanising effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
> To keep a continuous watches a vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
> To deal promptly & stringently with incident of ragging brought to our notice.
> To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that know act ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go un notices and unpunished.
1. To ensure compliance with the provision of these regulations and any law for the time being in force concerning ragging and to deal and act promptly with the incidents of ragging brought to its notice.
2. To keep tabs on the happening of events related to, in Campus or Off- campus or other designed places in the premises
3. To conduct such enquiry observing a fair and transparent procedure and the principles of natural justice and after giving adequate opportunity to the student or students accused of ragging and other witness to place before it the facts, documents and views concerning the incident of ragging and considering such other relevant information as may be required.
4. To monitor and observe in the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging committee in prevention and curbing or ragging in the institution.
5. To conduct an on the spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the Head of the Institution or any member of the Faculty or any member of the Staff or any student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or any other person, as the case may be: and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action under clauses (a) of Regulation 9.1 of UGC.
6. Also to monitor the welfare of fresh students outside the campus.
7. To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
Administrative Action in the event of Ragging
The Institution shall punish the student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
1. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
2. The Anti-Ragging Committee depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt will follow up the punishment based on the committee’s decision.
3. Further the Institution can refer to the Affiliating University to act according to the UGC Regulations and State Act on curbing the menace of ragging
4. As per the Supreme Court judgment on ragging in the Colleges, the following actions will be taken on those students who indulge in ragging Withholding of scholarships, fellowships & results
5. Debarring from representation in events and appearing for tests/examinations and also consequent admission to any other institution
6. Withdrawing benefits like travel concessions and campus selections
7. Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess and also attending classes
8. Cancellation of admission or rustication from the Institution
9. Registration of FIR against the accused and Prosecution under the Indian Penal Code, 1860.