Admissions under Convenor’s Quota (70% of intake in each branch):
A Candidate for admission to the four-year degree course in Engineering must have passed the Intermediate examination of the Board of Intermediate Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects, or any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto.
All the eligible applicants for admission into First Year shall have to qualify in the EAMC ET Examination conducted by the Govt. of AP. The candidates will be admitted strictly in accordance with the merit secured at the Entrance Examination keeping in view the rules in force regarding the reservations of seats of various categories of candidates.
The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirement as laid down in the AP Educational institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order 1974 as amended from time to time.
Admissions under Management Quota (30% of intake in each branch):
The seats shall be filled either on the basis of rank obtained in EAMCET or of securing not less than 50% in aggregate or in group subjects (Maths, Physics and Chemistry) in the 10+2 qualifying examination.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engg/Technology of any recognized university in the concerned discipline;
- AMIE/AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized by UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- valid GATE Score obtained in the GATE Examination.
- valid PGECET Rank obtained in the Entrance Examination.
Apart from requirements of qualifications as stated in the above, the admissions of sponsored candidates shall be taken.
- The number of Sponsored candidates shall not be more than two in each specialization and not more than five in each department.
- His/Her application shall be duly recommended by the sponsoring agency for admission to the course and forwarded to the JNTUK. These seats are considered as supernumerary.
- He/She must be permanent employee with the sponsoring agency for at least 2 years, after obtaining the qualifying degree.
- The sponsoring agency must be a Government establishment or a public-sector undertaking, or a reputed private undertaking.
- The sponsoring agency shall-certify that the candidates will be granted leave for pursuing the M.Tech. Full-Time course.
- The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirement as laid down in the AP Educational institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order 1974 as amended from time to time.
A candidate seeking admission into Two year MBA programme must satisfy the following criteria:
1. A pass in bachelor’s degree in any field with 45% marks in aggrgate.
2. Must have qualified in Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET) conducted by AP State Council of Higher Education, Govt of AP.
3. The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirement as laid down in the AP Educational institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order 1974 as amended from time to time.
The candidates will be admitted on the basis of rank secured at the ICET.
- The Convener admits 70% of the intake to the MBA programme based on the ICET rank.
- The Management admits the remaining 30% under management and NRI quota.
Admission Procedure (under B -Category)
Every year an advertisement is published in the leading newspaper regarding the issue of applications for admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and MBA courses.