To read, become familiar with and adhere to this Code and any amendment
brought to this code to behave and conduct themselves in the Institution
Campus, hostels and premises in dignified and courteous manner and show due
respect to the authorities, teachers and employees.
1. The students should behave politely and respectfully. They should abide by the rules and regulations stipulated by the College, from time to time.
2. Attendance is taken every period and also subject-wise. The students are expected to have a minimum of 75% attendance. On medical grounds, on the specific recommendations of the Principal, the Vice Chancellor may condone the deficiency in attendance to the extent of 10%, subject to the submission of medical certificates and payment of condo nation fee. The students shall follow the rules of UGC and JNTU Kakinada with regard to attendance, examinations and promotions.
3. Attendance is taken by 9.30AM and absentee names are recorded. Parents are informed regularly about their ward's absence through SMS.
4. Students on leave should submit a leave letter to the class In-charge lecturer, duly signed by HoD and Principal.
5. Students should be regular, punctual to the classes, attend seminars and other academic activities.
6. The students are expected to safeguard the property of the college.
7. It is the responsibility of the students to take care of their belongings. The college is not responsible for any loss of valuables.
8. The students are expected to carry their Identity Card all the time and they should be ready to produce it at any time, when required by the college authorities.
9. Any kind of demonstration that restricts the freedom of the members of the college of disrupts any activity in the college is forbidden. Groups of any kind that disturbs the harmony is not permitted.
10. The Student should make optimum use of the learning resources and other support services available in the institution.
11. Students are expected to dress up in a simple and decent manner which conforms to the standards of modesty. Sleeveless, short tops, low waist jeans and tight garments are not allowed.
12. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the Classroom, Library. Computer Centre, Examination Halls, etc.
13. Unauthorized entry of outsiders into the campus as well as hostels is strictly prohibited. Without specific permission of the authorities, students shall not bring outsiders to the Institution, Campus and Hostel.
14. No one shall get, distribute or circulate unauthorized notices, pamphlets, leaflet, etc. within the Campus or hostel. The possession, distribution or exhibition of any item by any means which is obscene, is prohibited within the Campus or on any property owned/ managed by the Institution
15. No student shall collect money, either by force or by request, from anyone on the campus.
16. No student shall enter or leave the classroom when the session is on, without the permission of the teacher.
17. Any caseofcriminalactivityorviolationoflawandorderintheCampuswillbereported to the police.
18. Students shall use only the waste bins for dispensing dry and wet waste materials within the college Premises
The Student GrievanceandRedressalCell looking for promoteandmaintaina conduciveandunprejudiced environment for its stakeholders. It attends to the grievances and complaints registered by anyone with regard to the activities of the Institution, and in particular, those made by students. TheCellensureseffectivesolutiontothegrievances,usingafairapproach. The Grievance and Redressal Cell enables the students to express their grievances by initiating and following the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the College. The cell meets periodically, examines the nature and pattern of the grievances and redresses it accordingly.ent in the campus. We, SVIST (Sree Vahini Institute of Science and Technology) take practice of transparency, justice and professional ethics in all happenings so that stake holders are not grieved. Staff grievance and redressal committee is to deal with the discontent, dissatisfaction expressed in person or through formal letter complaint. Generally Grievant means a student, parent, and staff member, group of students or staff members or combination of any of these stakeholders of the institution.
2. ToensureeffectivesolutiontotheStudentgrievanceswithanimpartialandfair approach.
>> To investigate the reason of dissatisfaction.
>> To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities.
This is to inform all the students and staff that the below mentioned members are appointed as Student Grievances & Redressal Committee members of the College for the AY -2020-21.
|Sl.No||Name Of the Committe Member||Designation & Department||Position||Phone No|
|1||Dr. R Nagendra Babu||Principal||Chairman||9848856798|
|2||Prof. M Harikrishna||Vice-Principal,HOD of ECE||Member||9985091040|
|3||Mr. O Naresh||Associate Prof of MBA||Convener||8897162752|
|4||Mr. J Ganesh Prasad Reddy||Dean Academics, Prof of EEE||Member||7981812538|
|5||Dr. M PapaRao||Prof& HOD of MBA||Member||9966434583|
|Sl.No||Name Of the Student||Department||H.T No||Phone No||Position|
|1||K Nikhil||IV EEE||17MG1A0226||9948585043||Member|
|2||P V Durga Kalyan||IV CSE||17MG1A0589||8074013757||Member|
|3||L Harish||IV ME||18MG1A0313||9849568164||Member|
|4||G Venkata sagar||IV ECE||17MG1A0443||6303712091||Member|
|5||K Kiran||III CE||17MG1A0119||9182332011||Member|
|6||A Venkata Chaitanya||II MBA||19MG1E0085||8919841518||Member|
1. ProvidesinformationabouttheCell'sobjectivesandmodeofoperation throu
gh the website and handbook.
3. Acknowledges and analyzes the grievances.
4. Seeks a solution through decision-making process
5. Reports the grievances and records how they were redressed.
6. The procedures made known through the Hand-book, given to each student at the beginning of every academic year, and also in the Value Education classes taken by the Class-in Charge.
Student Related Issues
This committee will divided the Grievance submitted into
i) Related to the Assessment
ii) Related to the Attendance
iii) Related to the conduct of Examinations
i) Related to canteen facility
ii) Related to Hostel facility
iii) Related to transportation facility and
iv) Harassment by other student or Teachers.
1. The grievances shall be redressed depending on the nature of the grievance. The Grievances are invited through suggestion boxes provided in each floor of the building.
2. Department level counseling is offered where the matter can be resolved
3. Grievances pertaining to academic and internal evaluation shall be redressed at individual/faculty /HOD/ principal level.
4. For other grievances that require review shall be redressed by receiving written and signed application.
5. As soon as the application is received the Redressal Committee shall review the complaint and invites both the parties for discussion. The outcome of the discussion is reported to the Principal for further action to betaken. Redressal of Grievances
The grievances are redressed at the earliest by issuing warning letter, memo and reformation remedies. Priority is given according to the urgency of the complaint. In all cases the aggrieved is informed of the measures taken. Checks in the system are introduced to ensure there is no repetition of the same complaint.
All the grievances concerning to women harassment and ragging shall be dealt by the respective committees as per the prescribed procedures.
Administrative Action in the event of Ragging
The Institution shall punish the student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
1. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
2. The Anti-Ragging Committee depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt will follow up the punishment based on the committee’s decision.
3. Further the Institution can refer to the Affiliating University to act according to the UGC Regulations and State Act on curbing the menace of ragging
4. As per the Supreme Court judgment on ragging in the Colleges, the following actions will be taken on those students who indulge in ragging Withholding of scholarships, fellowships & results
5. Debarring from representation in events and appearing for tests/examinations and also consequent admission to any other institution
6. Withdrawing benefits like travel concessions and campus selections
7. Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess and also attending classes
8. Cancellation of admission or rustication from the Institution
9. Registration of FIR against the accused and Prosecution under the Indian Penal Code, 1860.